- mindfulness-based counseling
- creative and expressive therapies
(eye movement desensitization &
- the study of core Buddhist teachings
LivingWell offers opportunities to develop an increased understanding of the role of spirituality in one's life, including one's professional life, through programs and seminars which explore various spiritual paths and practices.
Continuing Education programs are
offered by Sally Bowden-Schaible/LivingWell.
Founder and coordinator of LivingWell:
Sally Bowden-Schaible, LCPC, CCMHC
LivingWell is not a corporation, professional organization, or separate legal entity, but a community of independent practitioners who share the belief that mind/body/spiritual health is best achieved and maintained through complementary approaches. The practitioners offering services at LivingWell are licensed or certified professionals (depending on the requirements of the profession).
LivingWell is a center for cultivating mind-body health and spiritual growth through practices of mindful awareness, creative expression, and integrated care. It is a center that offers holistic options for treating mental health issues such as depression and anxiety, addiction problems, and stress-related illnesses and conditions. In addition to the more traditional western approaches to mind-body health care, components of the center include:
A message from Sally Bowden-Schaible
Luna Cottage, Verona Island, ME
A SECOND OFFICE LOCATION:
About a week a month, I live at Luna Cottage on Verona Island. Professional services & programs I offer in this location include:
- Workshops & programs for mental health & health care professionals
- Individual/group clinical supervision/ consultation;
- Mindfulness and compassion retreat-type programs.
The location is ideal for people living in Belfast, Bangor, Ellsworth, Blue Hill, Castine (all about 18 miles away) and other towns in the region.
I welcome your questions and inquiries.
The Insight Community
of Southern Maine
devoted to the study & practice
of core Buddhist teachings
Located at LivingWell
For information about
Buddhist study offerings
at LivingWell &
in the community, go to:
What's (& Who's) New at LivingWell?
836 Main Street ~ Westbrook, ME 04092
Sally Bowden-Schaible/LW has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP
No. 6479. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. Sally Bowden-Schaible is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.
Openings for the Fall of 2017
MONTHLY CONSULTATION/SUPERVISION GROUPS
for fully & conditionally licensed mental health professionals
Facilitated by Sally Bowden-Schaible, LCPC, CCMHC
Approved Consultant through the American Society for Clinical Hypnosis (ASCH)
The 2nd Tuesday morning of each month
(unless otherwise decided by group)
CONTEMPLATIVE MODEL of
The 2nd Wednesday morning of each month
(unless otherwise decided by group)
FMI: email@example.com or call (207)856-0090
Nearly 10 years from its beginning, LivingWell continues to have the good fortune of affiliation with compassionate, insightful and skilled mental health/healthcare practitioners.
We happy to welcome to LivingWell three such practitioners who are now available to offer their services to you! For more information about them and for their contact info, please go to the "about the practitioners" page.
- Judy Armelin: Judy is a Reiki Master/Teacher, who has been practicing Reiki since 1999. She believes that Reiki is a complement to any and all other therapies. It works to balance the system, mentally, emotionally, spiritually and physically so the body is then able to heal itself more effectively and efficiently.
- Kay Hamlin, LCPC-C: Kay specializes in grief and loss issues and has experience as a bereavement counselor at Hospice of Southern Maine. She also has experience working with clients facing life transitions and relationship difficulties and is passionate about working with parents of children with special needs.
- Lillian Harris, LCPC-C: Lillian provides compassionate and supportive counseling services to adults dealing with a range of issues including anxiety, depression, life transitions, relationship challenges and grief. Lillian’s approach to counseling is empathic and creative. She combines concrete, evidence-based practices, such as Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, with guided visualization, expressive arts and mind/body attunement.
with Maria Sanchez Cron
Friday mornings, 9:00 - 10:00 AM
Cost: $55 for 4 classes
($20 per "drop-in")
Please call ahead for availability.
Pre-registration is required;
Space is limited.
Scholarships are available.
Time dollars are accepted!
To register and for more information,
call Maria at (207)272-2071 or