836 Main Street ~ Westbrook, ME 04092
The Second Saturday Workshop:
The Second Saturday Workshop is designed for women considering divorce no matter where they are in the process of untying the knot.
Attend a workshop for information on:
- Child Custody and Support
- Protecting Yourself Legally and Financially
- Preparing for Divorce Financially
LivingWell is a community of independent practitioners who share a common philosophy regarding the promotion and maintenance of health and well-being. It is not a corporation, professional organization, or separate legal entity.
In this 60-hour business planning course, the following topics are covered in depth: the customer, competition, marketing, record keeping, taxes, financing, and legal considerations. At the end of the class, you will have a completed business plan. There are also 3 follow-up sessions. Class size is limited to 15.
An application, attendance at the Orientation session, and an interview are required.
Application Deadline: Friday, December 29, 2017, 12:00pm
Orientation Class: Wednesday, January 3, 2018, 10am-12:30pm
Class Begins: Wednesday, January 10, 2018
10 am - 3 pm
January 10 - March 28, 2018
NVME, 175 Main St, South Portland
Tuition-free class open to Maine adults
To sign up:
New Ventures Maine is part of the University of Maine at Augusta, an equal opportunity/affirmative action institution.
Family Development Matched Savings Account:
Are you dreaming of purchasing your first house? Do you need help with home repair, car purchase or repair, or emergency savings for your children & family? Multiply your savings and make your dreams possible.
What is it?
- A matched savings account that you open at a participating bank or credit union.
- For every dollar you save, the FDA Coalition matches it with four additional dollars.
- Use your FDA savings to buy a house, further your education, or grow your business.
- Take money management and asset classes to build your skills and plan for the future.
How do I sign up?
Contact NVME's Southern Region Center today:
*Income eligibility required. A limited number of accounts are available each year.
New Ventures Maine is a member of the Maine FDA Coalition.
Where: Wells Fargo Advisors Office
Two Portland Square, First Floor
Union & Fore Streets
Register online at Secondsaturdaymaine.com or at the workshop
Rainy Day Savings Account:
What if you had to pay for a major car repair or an unexpected medical bill? If you lost your job, could you still pay your rent, mortgage, fuel bill or electric bill?
Call or email to apply for a Rainy Day Savings Account:
What is it?
- A matched savings account for income-eligible individuals at a participating bank.
- Each dollar you save will be matched by the Rainy Day Savings Program.
- Your savings account and match can be used for emergency expenses.
- Take money management classes to build your savings skills.
Programs for career, business, and financial education